GHTFA CHAMPIONSHIP DAY CO-ORDINATOR
(2 teams share duties)
Terms of Reference
- Book permit for Nelson Stadium 8:30am – 5pm
- usually 3rd Sunday in October (after Thanksgiving)
- Through the GHTFA Scheduler - COB needs to be identified by first week of November the year prior
- Contact media…Burlington Post, Kevin Nagel Sports Editor email@example.com to arrange photographer for Hall of Fame presentations & random game shots for newspaper (they prefer to do games involving Burlington teams).
- Communicate with the photographer who may afterwards email photos to our championship day co-ordinator to assist in identifying names of players in photos to be published.
- By quickly emailing these photos to team reps involved in those games we can properly identify these players.
- A summary of game scores, touchdown scorers, interceptions etc. needs to be emailed to sports editor promptly following Championship Day to be included in their sports section coverage.
- Arrange for concession vendor (burgers, coffee, pop etc.)
- Open to GHTFA Teams first then a local vendor if available
- Borrow & setup pads & pilons prior to 1st game, and collect pads & pilons after last game of the day.
- Arrange to return pads to teams they were borrowed from.
- Manage electronic scoreboard & public address system.
- This is provided the permit has been arranged for access to them, and that someone is dedicated to doing this.
- Setup table near field to display all GHTFA League Championship trophies
- Collect game results following each game, including names of touchdown scorers, interceptions, etc. Summarize all results from Championship Day to be emailed to media (Burlington Post, Hamilton Spectator Amateur Scene). Also send these results to GHTFA Webmaster and Social Media Coordinator to post on our website and Social Media channels
- team photos all teams playing, including photos of trophy presentations to winning teams
- photos of Hall of Fame presentations
- random game photos
- Send all photos to GHTFA webmaster and Social Media Director to post on the GHTFA website and Social Media channels
- Cleanup garbage throughout the day, and recycle when possible. Areas we use must be cleaned up at the end of the day
- Post Tournament Activity:
- Prepare an Post Tournament Report
- identify challenges
- How they were addressed
- Other items for the following year to consider etc
- Submit to the executive for review and action if required